Opinion: we should be outraged at the delay in childcare reform
Ever since before the Coalition Government was even elected in 2013, it has been promising, year after year, to take action to address the real issue of affordability and accessibility of early learning and care for Australian families.
The immediate reality for thousands of Australian families is that the cost of childcare is too much. Many can’t afford it now. This means their children are missing out on the benefits of early learning, and mums and dads are missing out on the benefits of being back in work. With that combination, we’re all missing out.
Read more: Early Learning Review
- Smart Start is a campaign partner to Thrive By Five
- Goodstart Early Learning shares virtual safety conference
- WA Election 2021 – Major party responses to Goodstart priorities for ECEC
- The 6th Annual Summer Survey is open now!!
- QLD Election 2020 – Major Party responses to joint letter on ECEC Policies