Rising childcare costs: Let’s stop subtracting it from women’s salaries
Yesterday at home we received a letter that our childcare fees are going up. The letter was quickly greeted with a number of F bombs and then hurled across the room. It landed next to another letter — the one from our health insurance provider, also informing us of a price hike.
Childcare is getting more expensive, and as we saw in the 2016/17 Federal Budget not a whole lot’s being done to immediately ease the financial pain. The current rebate of $7500 established in 2008 has had its long-overdue increase put off another couple of years, despite annual salaries experiencing stagnating growth.
Read more: Women’s Agenda
- Smart Start is a campaign partner to Thrive By Five
- Goodstart Early Learning shares virtual safety conference
- WA Election 2021 – Major party responses to Goodstart priorities for ECEC
- The 6th Annual Summer Survey is open now!!
- QLD Election 2020 – Major Party responses to joint letter on ECEC Policies